Connect with community members at a delightful evening filled with food, drink and world-class entertainment showcasing talent springing out of South Burlington and beyond.
Listen to the elegant tones of Kerstin Anderson- SBHS graduate, Bill Reed Voice Studio and Spotlight Vermont alum- who recently toured as Maria in The Sound of Music. Soak in some classic dance, as Farm to Ballet premieres two new works- featuring Chatch Pregger, Kyla Paul and Avi Waring. Watch musical theater and other performances and imagine what is possible- as together we envision the future of South Burlington's City Center.
South Burlington City Center for the Arts has the goal to elevate, enrich and expand hearts and minds on the stage, in studio, in class and in the community by employing and encouraging development of the creative arts in South Burlington’s City Center and beyond. WIll you join us on this mission?
January - April 2017, Feasibility Study
Anyone who has ever made a large purchase, a car, home, etc., has done a feasibility study. It might not be a formal one but the steps are the same. You think about the benefits of the purchase, weigh them against the costs, consider the alternatives and potential risks involved and only then make a decision to move forward. While there are many examples of successful arts facilities like the one we are imagining for City Center, there are examples of failures too. A quality feasibility study can help create the former and avoid the latter.
Our team is working on execution of a feasibility study that will:
- Clarify the project goals and scope of work
- Develop a project timeline and identify major tasks
- Identify key community stakeholders
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders to assess support for, and interest in the project, the nature of the facility, program offerings, and operational methods
- Survey potential SBCCA clients for program needs
- Confirm and finalize the desired building program
- Assist in the development of a project concept design
- Develop a written project description
- Develop an Operational Business Plan to include:
- History of the South Burlington City Center for the Arts
- Community Profile
- Program Definition
- Market Assessment
- Economic Impact Analysis
- Management Models
- Sustainability Plan:
- Operations Plan
- Program Scenario
- Operating Pro Forma
- Budget Assumptions
- Conclusions, Recommendations, Next Steps
Professional feasibility studies are comprehensive and require hundreds of hours of research, interviews and writing to complete. We have a fundraising target of $30,000 to support the expense of this study and enough has been raised to begin work. But we need more help. Please consider contributing.
If you would like to help us in our effort to fund this feasibility study, please consider donating to our cause. We are a 501 (c) (2) charitable non-profit Vermont corporation. All donations are tax deductible.