night at city center
Our gala event at the Doubletree in South Burlington was a great success! Thanks to all who participated, and a special thanks to South Burlington City Council Chairperson Helen Riehle for her inspirational comments on our project.
January - July 2017, Feasibility Study
Anyone who has ever made a large purchase, a car, home, etc., has done a feasibility study. It might not be a formal one but the steps are the same. You think about the benefits of the purchase, weigh them against the costs, consider the alternatives and potential risks involved and only then make a decision to move forward. While there are many examples of successful arts facilities like the one we are imagining for City Center, there are examples of failures too. A quality feasibility study can help create the former and avoid the latter.
Our team is working on execution of a feasibility study that will:
- Clarify the project goals and scope of work
- Develop a project timeline and identify major tasks
- Identify key community stakeholders
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders to assess support for, and interest in the project, the nature of the facility, program offerings, and operational methods
- Survey potential SBCCA clients for program needs
- Confirm and finalize the desired building program
- Assist in the development of a project concept design
- Develop a written project description
- Develop an Operational Business Plan to include:
- History of the South Burlington City Center for the Arts
- Community Profile
- Program Definition
- Market Assessment
- Economic Impact Analysis
- Management Models
- Sustainability Plan:
- Operations Plan
- Program Scenario
- Operating Pro Forma
- Budget Assumptions
- Conclusions, Recommendations, Next Steps
Professional feasibility studies are comprehensive and require hundreds of hours of research, interviews and writing to complete. We have a fundraising target of $30,000 to support the expense of this study and enough has been raised to begin work. But we need more help. Please consider contributing.
If you would like to help us in our effort to fund this feasibility study, please consider donating to our cause. We are a 501 (c) (2) charitable non-profit Vermont corporation. All donations are tax deductible.